Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes Serves: 2
For the salad:
2 hot-smoked salmon fillets, skin removed
100g watercress, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
200g baby new potatoes
100g green beans, trimmed
1 Braeburn apple, cored and sliced
1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
For the dressing:
4 tbsp crème fraiche
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp cream of horseradish
Sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss the red onion with the white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. Place the new potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Add salt and boil until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain and allow to dry for a few minutes. Tip into the bowl with the red onion, season and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the crème fraiche, horseradish and lemon juice, adding salt and pepper to taste. Mix together with the potatoes and onion.
4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the green beans for one minute, then drain and cool down with cold water.
5. Divide the potato mixture between two plates. Scatter over the apple slices, green beans and watercress and flake the salmon on top. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side.