Watercress is a powerhouse of nutritional goodness, rich in protein, vitaminA, C & K, and a natural source of iron and calcium, vitamin B6, folate and fibre. And as if thats not enough, it tastes delicious too!
Take up the challenge! we want you to cook something amazing, reap the benefit and then post some inspirational words or an image on social media using the #watercresschallenge
Watercress is a powerhouse of nutritional goodness
Rich in protein, vitamin A, C & K and a natural source of iron and calcium, Vitamin B6, folate and fibre, and if that’s not enough, it tastes delicious too!
Don’t know what to do with watercress?
It’s more versatile than just a garnish! Take up the #watercresschallange
Chop it, Blitz it, Wear it!
Compared to other salad bags
· Nearly 6 times the amount of Vitamin C
· More than twice the amount of Vitamin K
· Nearly three times the amount of Calcium
· Twice the amount of Iron.
Compared to a mixed leaf salad 85g bag with equal parts Spinach, Lambs Lettuce, Cos & Iceberg.
Iron in watercress is very significant as Vitamin C is required for Iron absorption from plants. As the other sources looked at are much lower in Vitamin C it’s likely that the iron in watercress has far higher bioavailability = readily absorbed.)
Ultimate training diet
1. High in Vitamin C and iron - BUILD & REPAIR
2. Prevents DNA damage during intensive exercise
3. Contains friendly nitrates that boost VO2 MAX
4. Improves your daily detox with amino acids that promote Phase II