Watercress Pizza, Ricotta & Tomatoes
- 2 large homemade or ready made pizza bases (or 4 small)
- 500g/1lb plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1 x 85g/3oz pack watercress, finely chopped
- 100g/4oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh green peppercorns
- 100g/4oz mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- sprigs of basil for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 220°c/mark 7.
Arrange the tomato slices over the pizza bases. Gently fry the onion for 4-5 minutes and sprinkle over the tomatoes with the watercress. Spoon the ricotta on top.
Add the peppercorns, then the mozzarella and the cherry tomatoes. Bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.